Ah, what to say that hasn’t already been said a hundred times by everyone who ever sent you an e-mail. Coliseum of Comics is staying open as long as it is prudent to do so. We will likely be adjusting store hours and possibly days of operation during this time. Please watch our Facebook pages and website for details. We’re a small business and cashflow is imperative to pay the bills and keep our team employed.
At this time, we feel it would be socially irresponsible to continue to host gaming events and tournaments. Our stores will remain open as long as it’s feasible to remain so but until it is safe to do so, we are suspending all organized in-store play. We’re putting a few things into place to make things more comfortable for everyone involved. We’re offering curb-side pick-up, we’ll mail you your comics or games, or we may be able to deliver them to you at your residence if you’re within 10 miles of some of our stores. Details on these are below.
Our main priority is getting through this healthy and with minimal disruption to our collecting and gaming community.
As we’re all apparently being sent to the safety of the crypts while the White Walkers roam the Earth, here’s 8 suggestions to keep you sane.
• Wash your hands. The current recommendation is 20 seconds. Go crazy. Make it 30.
• Sort your comics. Face it, 95% of you have them stacked up in piles or disorganized in boxes. We know the type because we’re the type.
• Make a checklist of the issues you’re missing. We can add them to your pull file with a phone call.
• Pull out that game you haven’t played in a while. Games are a great way to pass the time and to interact with the other people in your quarantine zone. It’s also a great way to get people to stop talking to you after you win.
• Paint your unpainted miniatures. Most gamers have approximately 427 unpainted miniatures that are awaiting color. Now is the time and we have a Miniature Painting Contest in the works to entice you.
• Catch up on your comic reading. Reread a few favorites or order something from us to read new. We have a lot of recommendations and even more options.
• Bid on toilet paper auctions. It’s the hip thing.
• Contemplate what cool new comic or game you need to buy when your stimulus check arrives. We have options!
Stay safe and stay healthy,
Phil & the Coliseum Team
CURRENT STORE HOURS